Last year, a post was made on Managed Print Services (MPS). To continue the discussion, there are a few key words that I have highlighted along the way in my educational sessions with prospective customers. As an introduction, MPS typically runs with devices that print 30 pages per minute or less -your desktop printers. Vendors AOS manages include: Brother, Dell, HP, Lexmark, Samsung, and of course Xerox. Now what’s in it for you, the customer?
- Cost Certainty
- MPS runs in the same format as you would expect to see with your multi-function printer, on a service contract, through a cost per copy. While your volume may vary monthly, it allows for an accurate forecast with your budget.
- Typically, a customer will see a reduction of 10-30% in printing expenses in the first year based on information provided such as which printers cost more and where to allocate those printers (in a spot where more print occurs).
- Peace of Mind
- With automatic toner replenishment, no longer do you need to have over or under stock of supplies. When the meter hits 20%, a new cartridge will be sent to your office, labelled to the print in need of a refill (added bonus: you’re not throwing toner out at 10-15%).
- With one consolidated, monthly invoice, life becomes much easier for finance to track printing expenses and see your volume reports.
- Added Productivity
- Service calls are expensive and if you’re using your IT team, printer issues are the last thing they want to focus their time on. Add valuable time to their day to focus on core business.
- Employees that deal with the toner aren’t running out of the office, having to make needless phone calls, and then finding the printer that is in need of toner.
- With the ability to service devices and have replacement parts, this will add to the longevity of the device. Translation: more money in your pocket when you don’t have to throw it out and buy a new printer.
- Further analysis is available through a print assessment which brings forth information of energy consumption, carbon footprint, and trees being used.
- With print cartridge yields accounting only for 5% page coverage, most businesses do not get the true value out of their toner. Ensure you get the most out of your ink!
Finally: the how? MPS is run through an app -the app is completely secure (NASA uses it) picking up the IP address only, tracking of all network printers for toner, meter reads, and service issues.
A managed print service is a valuable tool and resource that allows you to have control of an expense that is said to be the third highest behind only salary and rent. Allow yourself to know how much you’re printing, what it is costing you, and increase productivity and efficiency to the office!